Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Legra's Law - * 4 * - Raging Bull

PREFACE: I AM NOT A FIGHTER. I know some of you who know me are thinking right now that this is a far cry from the truth, but it's not. I am a lover of most people and all animals (except creepy crawly ones). Contrary to you naysayers, I do not like to fight, but sometimes it becomes necessary, and sometimes, for some reason, my aggression seems to be directed to city servants, namely taxi drivers.


One night, after a fun college party, my friend and I jumped in a cab to get home. It was a short, delightful ride after an evening of giggles and kamikazes. Almost as soon as we got in, it was time to get out. Quick ride for us, easy money for taxi driver, right?

WRONG!


As we were exiting the cab I politely greeted, "Thank you so much, sir, have a great night."
He replied very nastily, "Yeah, yeah, get out."

I, while usually quite the lady, heard this and responded in my I-really-know-what-you-said-but-am-double-checking way, "Huh?"

Again, he ordered us out of his car. This guy had zero remorse for talking to us so rudely.

My eye began to twitch. Red was everywhere. Jekyl to Hyde in an instant. I started politely, "I'm sorry, but what the (beep) did you just say to us? I said have a good night and you tell us to get out ? Who does that?" (What? I said I started politely.)

Still unfazed. This time he was even ruder, "Get the hell out of my car."

I was outright, wildly animal mad. "Oh heyl no. (BEEP) YOU!!! Who the (beep) do you think you are? You should give us back our tip for being such a m*$th$r..." 

You get it.

Still kicking and cursing, my friend literally had to drag me, screaming from the taxi into our apartment building. Thinking back now, I'm sure it looked like an episode of New Jersey Housewives, so clearly, not one of my best "lady-like" moments, but I'll own it, and you could bet that you will never hear me apologize for it. Ever.


Moral of the story: Manners will get you everywhere. Disrespect will get you cursed the (beep) out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a seat and leave your comments on the bar.