Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Balancing Act

Life is a balancing act in so many ways, especially when you become a parent. You have to find time to do all of the things you loved before you were a parent and try to do them while doing the most time consuming, fulfilling job known to mankind. 

Then there's the balance of good news and bad news. 

Although in life I usually prefer to start with the bad news that way you end up hearing the good news at the end, in writing starting with the bad news takes away from the dramatic effect. 

So let’s start with the good news: I have been writing and making money. There’s no direct cause and effect, in fact they are separate statements. I have been writing in this here blog, creating nd building it in the direction I want it to go. I started 2 new segments: My Total Truths and Off the Menu: Buena Moments by Guest Bartenders and am very excited about both of them. I have also been making money as a part-time assistant to the Deputy Head at our school. It is a great way to spend time using my adult work brain and make some extra money on the side. Although, I love (and I assume he does too) that the husband could support us here on one salary, adding to the cookie jar is a nice feeling.

Bad News: I have been procrastinating on some other tasks that are important to me like writing my book. To some, this might seem unbalanced. You might say, well, you’re writing in your blog and learning a new trade and making extra monies! That’s a good thing. I agree. But the honest truth is that the book is the reason we came here to begin with. We came to a place that would afford us the luxury of living on one salary so that I could write.

I could say after this week, that after having fallen off the swing of writing, I’m back on. While super thrilling to be getting back to my craft (in that way), it is incredibly hard to write the book and write the blog at the same time. So I am making the pledge to put it all in, put in all of my effort and urgency into creating and writing and crafting all of the things that I need in my life... while holding a part-time job, running errands, spending time with amazing friends, photographing and documenting my daughter's 1st year, raising said daughter, and building a happy, healthy marriage. Not a tall order, right?

Oh, and also post pictures of the Rafa so that my mom and in-laws don’t have my head on a platter! Here's a start on that one:


7 Month Photo Shoot ( a little late) Happy CiNCo dE MayO!




There have to be some crying baby pictures, otherwise...


...she's going to think she was always this happy!






 And hopefully THIS happy!



A Beach Day with Good Friends... what more could you ask for?












No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a seat and leave your comments on the bar.