Monday, December 5, 2011

PhotoJournal: Colonial Zone, December 3, 2011

About this set of photos:
In the Colonial Zone there are many little parks located just off the streets. They're hidden gems and you wouldn't know they were there unless you walked by them. When we walked into this one, there was an elderly gentleman sitting at a nearby bench reading his newspaper. What a great place to come on a Sunday morning with a cup of coffee and a book. I also like the dual look of the stripes on my dress and the stripes from the bench.





About this set of photos:
In this set, I love the contrast of my dress and the white wall. The Colonial Zone has such old architecture and I love how simple things are. White wall, window, done.





About this set of photos:
Walking along the more "Bohemian Artist" section of El Conde with our little kangaroo peeking out of her pouch.




About this set of photos:
Her first visit to a church happens to be the first church of the Americas. I love the
symmetry.




About this set of photos:
Mike took these. I played with them. He says I've taught him well. :) I think he's always had it in him. My creative consultant, as he calls himself.



I knew what I wanted to shoot in this shot in the church, but it would have been hard to do myself. It's a good thing that Mike likes coming with on my photo shoots since we don't have our tripod with us.

About this set of photos:
Sneaky photographing. I love taking pictures of unsuspecting people. Otherwise, they
try to hard to pose for the camera and it never comes out natural. No matter how "candid"
you are trying to get the photo, if people know you're taking their picture they are never candid.


Same couple.

About this set of photos:
El Conde is a great place to people watch and there is usually something going on. Here, there were artists painting on horse and carriage buggies.


About this set of pictures:
Why is it that in all big, open plazas there are always pigeons. Always.




About this set of pictures:
This little shop had many beautiful things to buy. These metal pieces are made in Haiti. The shop owner orders them from a Haitian artist that then hand paints all of these for her. Beautiful.


Outside the shop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a seat and leave your comments on the bar.