Friday, December 9, 2011

There's Something Happening Here

A month used to seem like such a long time.

Last Wednesday, the 7th, Rafa turned 2 months and it was an incredible second month. After giving myself permission (and getting it - thank you, mom!) to not feel guilty about not breastfeeding, motherhood became what I hoped it would. It became giggles and surprises and love beyond belief. Her second month went by so fast and like a flower child, most moments were peace, love, and happiness. I look at her little face and hope that the times begin a'changing. Because to have her grow up in what the world is sadly and slowly becoming doesn't seem fair. I want to protect her from all the greed, injustice, and ugliness in the world. Shield her from all of it and have her feel all of the love and happiness that she feels now.

The painting was made by a good friend and amazing woman. She is an English teacher (after my own heart) and painter and made this for Rafa when she was still in my belly. Thank you, Linda Mishkin. I knew last month that I wanted to take "60's" themed pictures of Rafaella for her 2 month photo shoot and I couldn't be happier with how they turned out. So in honor of her love, peace, and happiness ways, as Linda said, "OMG...she's a hippie... a flower child... i KNEW it" each photo is named from a song of the 60's... in case you didn't get it :)

"Turn, Turn, Turn" Byrds
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" Rolling Stones
"Hush" Deep Purple
"Think" Aretha Franklin
"Let the Sunshine In" Fifth Dimension
"Natural Woman" Aretha Franklin
"There's something happening here...
And what it is ain't exactly clear." Buffalo Springfield



"My Girl" (The Temptations)
"Magic Carpet Ride" Steppenwolf
"A Whiter Shade of Pale" (Procol Halum)
"Revolution" The Beatles or "I Fought the Law" (Bobby Fuller Four)
"It's the Same Old Song" Four Tops
"Come Together" The Beatles
"Stop in the Name of Love" The Supremes
"Piece of My Heart" Janis Joplin
"All Along the Watchtower" Hendrix
"Will You Love Me Tomorrow" Shirelles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a seat and leave your comments on the bar.