Monday, March 18, 2013

Life is Happening

As I wait for Friday, March 22, my 39th week of my second pregnancy and the day of our planned c-section for our Little B to join and expand our once little family that started with Meeks, myself, and this guy:



I am nervous and excited and can't believe that I will be the mother of two. How did that happen? I mean, technically, I know how that happened but figuratively... when did I become a mother, let alone the mother of two???
Life is funny that way, isn't it? 
You wonder and wait for when things are going to happen. Impatiently your mind is flooded with future thoughts - When will I meet him? When will I get married? When will I have children? WHEN?!?!? - that you don't realize in those small moments that it is happening. That LIFE is happening and unfolding and becoming and that you just don't know it yet. And then you turn around and you've married him and are the mother of two and think about how far removed you are from the person you were only a few years ago.

Life is a road. And the road you take is based on decisions that you make. It's scary and beautiful and even when you think you might be going the wrong way, there's always a chance to take a different way. Trust the direction you think you need to be going. Trust the road. Life is being constructed on it as we speak. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a seat and leave your comments on the bar.